Agreements with insurers and third party payers | IMPORTANT CLARIFICATIONS
February 21st, 2023
The purpose of this message is to clarify instructions related to communiqué 564 concerning the ACDQ's agreements with insurers and third-party payers.
Attention! Please take note of these important clarifications and share the information with all your dental staff.
• The loss of electronic transmission by the Réseau ACDQ for non-signatory insurers is scheduled for March 1, only, not before.
• Only non-signatory insurers on March 1, will no longer be able to receive dental claims. Discussions are still underway with affected insurers and this list will be updated as insurers come into compliance.
• As of March 1, only those patients who are covered by non-signatory insurers should receive the letter notifying them of this situation, not all your patients. The letter has been adjusted accordingly.
We would like to remind you of the procedure to follow as of March 1. Until then, you do not need to take any action.
• When it comes time to charge your insured patients for care, even if the insurer's name is on the non-signatory list, still try to transmit your patient's claims. You never know when that insurer might have signed the agreements and the electronic transmission service restored.
• If transmission fails, ask the patient to pay the full bill, give them their dental claim so that they can make the claim with their insurance company on their own. This is also when you can give them a copy of the explanation letter, if the insurer is still on the list, telling them why you can no longer accommodate them as before.
By following these instructions, you will be able to better serve your patients and ensure and avoid any errors in handling these claims.
Finally, in response to some of your questions, you do not have to sign anything on your end. It is the ACDQ that signs these agreements on your behalf.
Nous utilisons des fichiers témoins (cookies) afin que notre site puisse correctement communiquer avec votre appareil et vous permettre ainsi de profiter pleinement de toutes nos fonctionnalités. Nous utilisons également d’autres types de fichiers témoins pour des fins statistiques. En poursuivant votre consultation sur notre site Web, vous acceptez que nous utilisions ces témoins tels que décrits dans notre politique de confidentialité.