On March 21, nearly one year after submitting our demands to the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux (MSSS), its representatives made us a ludicrous offer, which does not even recognize the increase in our operating costs and is well below an acceptable level for beginning real negotiations. This clearly shows that the MSSS and the Couillard government do not think that dentists’ contribution to the health of the population covered by the public dental care plan is very important. As indicated by the majority of you in the recent survey on the pressure tactics that should be used with the government, we are launching the RAMQ non-participation operation.
Here is how you should proceed immediately:
- Yellow form (in French only): Fill it out, without dating it, and check the following boxes:
- Blue form (in French only): Fill it out, without dating it, and check the following boxes:
- Send us both forms signed but not dated in the return envelope.
When the time is right, the ACDQ will date and send the non-participation forms to the RAMQ, which will trigger the non-participation process. Rest assured that you will be informed in advance of this action.
- Non-participation becomes effective 30 days after the date on which the forms are sent to the MSSS.
- If a settlement is reached, or if the situation makes it necessary, the ACDQ will date and send the re-engagement forms, which indicate the dentist’s reintegration in the agreement and cancel the non-participation; re-engagement takes effect 8 days after the date on which the forms are sent to the MSSS.
The consequences of non-participation
In the event that the ACDQ has to send the non-participation forms to the RAMQ, you will be informed. Then, once you have become a non-participant (i.e. 30 days after the date on which the forms have been sent to the RAMQ), this is what you will need to do:
- You will give your patients covered by the RAMQ a notice (that we will send to you at the appropriate time) signed and dated by you indicating that you are a non-participant. You will inform them that you will be billing them your own fees and there will be no reimbursement from the RAMQ. We suggest that you mention this when the appointment is made.
- You will then receive the payment directly from your patients.
- In cases of emergency, however, even though you are a non-participant, you will need to invoice the RAMQ according to the fees provided by the agreement. “An emergency case within the meaning of this Act and the regulations is any pathological condition which, in the opinion of a professional in the field of health, should require the immediate provision of insured services.”¹
Rest assured that we will keep you posted on developments in this situation. Feel free to contact us if you have questions: The staff of the ACDQ is there to support you in these efforts.
Just like in our past negotiations, our success depends on your solidarity.
Serge Langlois, DDS