Call for interest for a dentist clinic manager - Université de Montréal
November 20th, 2023
The Faculty of Dentistry is a leader with a dental clinic that is unique in Quebec. With over 9,500 patients each year from various regions, and close to 35,000 appointments annually, the FD dental clinic is the largest university dental facility in Quebec.
Much more than a clinic, it is an exceptional place for training and learning. It involves clinic managers in training the next generation. You’ll pass on your passion to student staff in a fast-paced, stimulating, and safe environment.
“Being a clinician at the UdeM Faculty of Dentistry is an excellent way to grow professionally and as a person. It means being part of a dynamic team dedicated to developing dental knowledge and passing it on to future generations.” Dr. Simon-Pierre Charbonneau, Clinic Manager, Oral Health.
Your daily challenges
- Participate in the clinical training of student staff from second to fifth year (per 3-hour / half-day session)
- Supervise student staff during clinical procedures, maintaining patient well-being and providing a supportive learning environment
- Provide clinical expertise and private office or hospital experience
- Evaluate student staff and contribute to their professional development
- Perform all professional dental tasks in accordance with current standards
- Collaborate with professors and clinical training managers to ensure cohesive training and integration of evidence into professional practice
This job is for you because...
- You will be helping to train the next generation.
- Teaching loads are adapted to your professional realities.
- You can choose the clinical department according to your specialty.
- You want to pass on your knowledge in a dynamic, lively environment.
- Be a member in good standing of the Ordre des dentistes du Québec
- Have a D.M.D. diploma
- Have worked regularly in the specific field of the desired expertise over the past 24 months or demonstrate equivalent expertise in the field of interest
- Teaching skills
How to indicate your interest
This call for interest complies with the mechanisms for allocating teaching duties set out in the employment contract for clinic managers. Please indicate your interest in setting up a bank of dentists who wish to supervise students by following the steps below:
Send us the following documents:
- Current resume
- A cover letter explaining why you would like to supervise at the clinic
- The names of two references
Our employer promise
Working at UdeM means benefiting from...
- Competitive compensation in the academic field
- A campus with incomparable advantages: access to clinics, conferences, ephemeral activities, shows, and screenings
- Professional development activities to deepen your knowledge and develop your teaching skills
- A staff and family assistance program and an institutional health and wellness program
The Université de Montréal dental clinic is:
- The largest university dental clinic in Quebec: 150 dental chairs, a central sterilization unit
- Attached to the largest undergraduate dental faculty in Canada: capacity for 450 Doctor of Dental Medicine students
- Proud of its community involvement
The Université de Montréal is also :
- One of the world’s top 100 universities
- Canada’s 4th largest research university
- One of the top 50 universities for the reputation of its graduates among international employers
- One of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.